Go on an underwater adventure with marine scientist Dr. Eugenie Clark, also known as Shark Lady. This issue teaches kids about Eugenie’s life, the ocean, marine biology, and how to have determination like Eugenie through colorfully illustrated stories and engaging educational activities.
• 64 full-color pages
• soft touch matte cover stock
• 8.5’’ x 10.5’’ (portrait)
• for everyone, but designed with girls and boys ages 4-9 in mind
About Eugenie Clark
Dr. Eugenie Clark’s groundbreaking shark research earned her the nickname Shark Lady. She was known for her deep-sea diving expeditions and marine conservation efforts.
- Explore cool shark facts & scuba-inspired activities for the whole family
- Features the work of over 15 talented artists, writers, & photographers, including an illustrated cover by Kathleen Marcotte
- Encourages kids to have determination
- Soft-touch matte cover, 64 full-color pages; 8.5’’ x 10.5’’ (portrait)
The idea for Bravery Magazine began as a tiny seed planted at a kitchen table back in 2015. After having similar experiences with their oldest girls, Ashley + Elyse came together to talk about the lack of strong role models available to help them teach their girls bravery. After running through a few different ideas, Ashley texted Elyse one day and said, “What if we make this idea into a magazine?”. True to form, Ashley’s idea was golden and they ran with it.
A Kickstarter campaign in September of 2017 had them fully funded in under three days, proving that their idea was valuable and desperately needed. They are very passionate about the mission behind Bravery: that empowering children through stories of other brave women will help them become their own kind of brave.