Pick up your brush and get painting with abstract artist Bernice Bing. This issue teaches kids about Bernice’s life, fine art, aspects of Chinese culture, and how to have self-awareness like Bernice through colorfully illustrated stories and engaging educational activities.
About Bernice Bing
Abstract Expressionist painter Bernice Bing was Chinese American, an activist, and a lesbian. She was known for her bold artwork and community programs that made art more accessible to everyone.
- Bravery donates $1 of every Bernice Bing issue sold to the Asian Pacific Fund, a foundation that supports vulnerable Asian and Pacific Islander communities in the Bay Area
- Brimming with colorful and creative art projects, and ways to practice mindfulness
- Features the work of over 15 talented artists, writers, and photographers, including an illustrated cover by Faye Guanipa
- Encourages kids to have self-awareness
- Soft-touch matte cover, 64 full-color pages; 8.5’’ x 10.5’’ (portrait)